Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest 3rd gen configuration

Options
  • 16-08-2016 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I was wondering if the nest 3rd gen will work with my current setup.

Oil burner.
    I have an old internal oil burner with the controls on the unit itself, timer, temperature control etc, with a main on/off switch for the unit on the wall above it.
    The burner feeds the hot water tank via a manual valve and the radiators via a motorised valve.

Immersion.
    Bog standard with on\off sink\bath switches. I’m not sure of the amps hopefully its low amps.

Can the nest 3rd gen control all of the above for example,
    A. Control the motorised valve eg turn off the valve and only heat the hot tank via the burner then if required boost the hot water by turn on the immersion heater.
    B. Control the sink\bath switch?

The Nest Heat Link will be needed as the above switches and controls are in the utility room.
    I assume this is not an issue.

Thanks

Advertisement