Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Yaris

Options
  • 15-08-2016 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

Hi,
    My parents are looking at getting a new Toyota yaris under the scrapage offer, what are they like to own, probably looking at 1.0, Base model, they don't do much milage, trips to the shops etc, living in the country, seems to be one of the better scrapage offers at the moment, anything else they should be looking at?

Thanks
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Hyundai i20? I think they are offering upto €3500 scrappage on them plus has a 5 year warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the i20 is superior in terms of engine, equipment and warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭ml100

colm_mcm wrote: »
    the i20 is superior in terms of engine, equipment and warranty.

Thanks for the replies, I'll look into the i20, are there any know issues with the yaris or i20, I guess the i20 is too new for reliability issues to show up?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the i20 is out about 8 years across 2 generations.

Advertisement