Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pergo Laminate Floors

Options
  • 15-08-2016 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,
    Looking at floors for hall and kitchen at moment and finding it difficult to make up my mind. Originally I wanted wood effect porcelain tiles but today I was shown pergo laminate floor. I really liked the look of it, the feel of it and on their website there were great pros to it. Having googled reviews though, they are not very positive. Has anyone put this down in their kitchen / hall and how do you find it? We have two dogs also who will be in and out of the house too. Any advice?!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mylesm

Hi all,
    Looking at floors for hall and kitchen at moment and finding it difficult to make up my mind. Originally I wanted wood effect porcelain tiles but today I was shown pergo laminate floor. I really liked the look of it, the feel of it and on their website there were great pros to it. Having googled reviews though, they are not very positive. Has anyone put this down in their kitchen / hall and how do you find it? We have two dogs also who will be in and out of the house too. Any advice?!
    Thanks

I put Pergo Down in my Living room its down 10 years now and it has worn really well we have a dog and 2 girls so a lot of heels etc as they got older I also have a Computer desk in that room and the chair is moved in and out constantly and not a mark I am really pleased with it
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vymkxzva1v7gpxf/20160816_093203.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvpv7ph2limhob5/20160816_093148.jpg?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SelfBuildMay15

Thank you so much mylesm for quick reply. You're floor looks to be in great condition. My only concern really was spillages or dog accidents. People in reviews have talked about the floor "bubbling" - I wonder is this due to how it was laid?

Thank you so much mylesm for quick reply. You're floor looks to be in great condition. My only concern really was spillages or dog accidents. People in reviews have talked about the floor "bubbling" - I wonder is this due to how it was laid?

Well mine has had some spillages over the years normal Living area Tea coffee Wine Beer but no problem

I think all Laminates will bubble if exposed to long term Liquid but can handle day to day spillage

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Triboro

Used to fit the Pergo in the states years ago, it was a very highly regarded product at that time and on the more expensive end of the scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BDUB13

Hi All

I will be moving into a new builsd and i have came across your post, i am currentluy interested in pergo laminate flooring, Where can i source the flooring? They have it in Frank Mcgowan for 25euro per square yard but im not sure if this is a good deal or not as i am finding it difficult to find other dealers to compare

I would appreciate any reply !

• Advertisement

BDUB13 wrote: »
    Hi All

I will be moving into a new builsd and i have came across your post, i am currentluy interested in pergo laminate flooring, Where can i source the flooring? They have it in Frank Mcgowan for 25euro per square yard but im not sure if this is a good deal or not as i am finding it difficult to find other dealers to compare

I would appreciate any reply !

I got mine in Frank Mc Gowans years ago

Advertisement