Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomann Delivery DHL/ANPost

Options
  • 15-08-2016 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Peops,

So getting a bit upset with the postal system used by Thomann.
    I ordered last Wednesday a considerable order that totals in 7 large parcels.
    Now it arrived at the Port Laoise mail center yesterday at noon.
    So i expected that it would be delivered today, however nothing came and i was a bit disappointed to say the least.
    So i called to An Post and asked if this was normal?
    Her reply and i quote ''

Parcels from Germany can take up to 5 working days to be delivered at your door

''

So i told the lady ok, but how is it possible that when i send somebody a parcel from Donegal to Cork by using regular An Post service it's there the next working day ?
    She was unable to reply to it and said i don't know......

Is it me or does it look like they are blocking the parcels or something ??
    Because normally once it's tracked into the AN Post System i always get it the next working day.

But with Thomann it seems to take longer?
    And this while my parcels have been with them since yesterday and the tracking status has not changed yet?

Any experience on this ?
    Can i expect it tomorrow ?

Thanks Lads and Ladies!

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I don't think anything's being blocked. Maybe there wasn't room in the van for your 7 large parcels and they wanted to deliver them all in one go?

I find that the main delay in stuff coming from Thomann is that it sits in the DHL depot in Cologne for a few days before arriving in Ireland. Once it gets to Portlaoise, it's usually with me the next day or the day after. I don't think it's fair to compare a package being sent within the country to one coming in from abroad. There's a lot more documentation, security and process involved for things coming from outside the country.

Hopefully you get it today.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Because it's coming from Germany, they have to check it for customs (Yes, I know it's within the EU, but that's still a thing). Parcels tend to take a little over a week from Thomann. Nothing worth getting upset over.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,019 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Yep, I'd say they are just checking that Thomann have charged you the appropriate VAT rate.

Advertisement