Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Form 12a - How long does it take to process it?

Options
  • 15-08-2016 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I've went to the Revenue office on Monday (8 Aug) and posted my 12a into their internal mail box. If anyone has done that this way - can you tell me how long will it take them to process the form? I'm getting paid on 26th Aug and I'm worried they maybe won't process it. Worst thing of all that would be my second month on emergency tax.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

It usually takes 2 - 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

ib.skoric wrote: »
    Hi,

I've went to the Revenue office on Monday (8 Aug) and posted my 12a into their internal mail box. If anyone has done that this way - can you tell me how long will it take them to process the form? I'm getting paid on 26th Aug and I'm worried they maybe won't process it. Worst thing of all that would be my second month on emergency tax.

Thanks!

May not much help in hindsight,, but I was the same position, and went directly to a desk at the revenue office in Dub. I took a ticket and they were able to sort me there and then, this was just before I commenced work at start of August and as far as I know I won't be emergency taxed, I was given a 12a initially by employer, but told not to bother once I got to the office..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

Yeah, husband did this twice recently, he submitted a form 12a on paper but it was his first job in Ireland and it took over a week and a half but this time he just rang them up and received the new certificate in about 3/4 days in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

Depending on the size of the organistion you work for the payroll person might be helpful and ring for you. I have done this a number of times for young employees who hadn't a clue and maybe didn't have a P45. Revenue were always helpful and would provide tax relief details over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Daria321

Usually a week this time of year but possibly dependant on what area you are in. Quickest way is to call the PAYE 1890 no. for your area and give them your PPS and employer Reg number etc over the phone. This way you are set up overnight and if your boss can see tax details via ROS it's pretty much immediate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 ib.skoric

I've rang revenue office and was told that it usually is processed in a week but it takes 3-5 days to get the paper version to your address. Employers usually see your tax credits via ROS in a 24hr period. Today is my 2 week mark and my friend got it exactly 2 weeks after posting the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

ib.skoric wrote: »
    I've rang revenue office and was told that it usually is processed in a week but it takes 3-5 days to get the paper version to your address. Employers usually see your tax credits via ROS in a 24hr period. Today is my 2 week mark and my friend got it exactly 2 weeks after posting the form.

The time frame for form processing varies from office to office due to variances in staff resources and workload. Items of correspondence are dealt with in date order. It could be processed the date it arrives if the office you sent it to has practically zero correspondence to deal with and a full staff complement. Or it could be weeks if the office you sent it to had a large volume of correspondence to deal with and was under resourced staff wise due sick leave, holidays, training, vacancies etc.
    Once it is processed a paper form issues to you and an electronic copy issues to your employer.
    Once your employer starts yo act on the information contained in the electronic copy you will start to be taxed correctly and if you have been overtaxed this year, your employer should refund it through your wages.

Did Revenue tell you if your form was actually processed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ib.skoric

I rang them today again. They said they have started processing it on Friday and my employer should have it in 2-3 days time.

Advertisement