Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in Oranmore

Options
  • 15-08-2016 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey guys!

I'm currently undergoing an interview process for a job in Athlone but I'd hope to live in Oranmore and commute (approx 40 mins) each way. However there are only 2 places to rent on daft.

Myself and my girlfriend are currently renting a nice 2 bed apartment in Cork for 1000p/m and I was shocked with the lack of accommodation in Galway. I'd be willing to pay up to 1200 or so for a nice 2 bed/2 bath apartment in Oranmore but looks like I'm outta luck.

Does anybody know what property management companies operate in Galway so that I could give them a buzz?

Also does anyone know someone who commutes East Galway to Athlone and how do they find it? Or any advice on nice places to rent on East side of galway for young professionals?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

You could also try Winters Property Management but most wud be on daft

• Registered Users Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'd be curious to know, why Oranmore if working in Athlone?
    Motorway would be 45 minutes ( if kept within the 120km/h limit) and a €1.90 toll each way. Why not Ballinasloe, or Athlone itself? or Moate on the other side?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,970 ✭✭✭thesandeman

flazio wrote: »
    I'd be curious to know, why Oranmore if working in Athlone?
    Motorway would be 45 minutes ( if kept within the 120km/h limit) and a €1.90 toll each way. Why not Ballinasloe, or Athlone itself? or Moate on the other side?

I'm guessing because it's handier for the social life in Galway.
    I'm more curious about why they want two baths.

OP: Check places like Clarinbridge or Kilcolgon. Probably cheaper and not much difference in distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

I'm guessing because it's handier for the social life in Galway.
    I'm more curious about why they want two baths.

OP: Check places like Clarinbridge or Kilcolgon. Probably cheaper and not much difference in distance.

If I was to guess I'd say they want 1 bathroom En Suite and 1 regular bathroom which would be my preference as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

There would be more choice of rentals in doughiska or Roscam. Easy to access motorway from both of these areas in east Galway city.

Advertisement