Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Previous Leaving Cert. Results Days

Options
  • 15-08-2016 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

To all the previous leaving cert students. Did the people you know do better or worse than they thought they would (on average)? What was the general response to their results?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TMJM96

Samurai12 wrote: »
    To all the previous leaving cert students. Did the people you know do better or worse than they thought they would (on average)? What was the general response to their results?

Most people do as well or better than they hoped. Sometimes the biggest disappointment is that you didn't get a certain grade in a subject but it's not too much of a shocker.

Last year I went in, looked at my results, was a bit disappointed with 1/2 results but got what I needed overall so I was content.

It's a huge anti-climax really.

There's no need to panic or be worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Samurai12

TMJM96 wrote: »
    Most people do as well or better than they hoped. Sometimes the biggest disappointment is that you didn't get a certain grade in a subject but it's not too much of a shocker.

Last year I went in, looked at my results, was a bit disappointed with 1/2 results but got what I needed overall so I was content.

It's a huge anti-climax really.

There's no need to panic or be worried.
    I guess its the points that matter, more than the grades really. I'm already prepared to be disappointed with some of my grades, its the vital ones that I am not prepared for which worry me.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

From what I've heard, it's an anti-climax, but not as much of an anti-climax as the JC, in the sense that the first round of offers and the rush to find accommodation etc. follows soon after.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Wanderer41

I did better than I thought I would. It is an anti-climax, I went home after and didn't know what to do with myself :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

I did pretty much what I thought I would do. I wrote down all the grades the night before that I thought I would get and then compared them with what I actually got :p

Everyone is right in saying it's anti-climactic. I went home expecting everyone to treat me differently and I've have hoards of admirers congratulating me etc but it was just another day :pac: The real fun was offers day and shopping for college (if that's where you end up).

Enjoy your day and relax until Monday, because that's when it gets hectic :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭AlfaJack

I thought I would do well but I did better than I could have even hoped! And it wasn't anti climatic for me at all because after seeing my points, I knew I would get the course I wanted to I was just living on a buzz all day but that's probably because my parents and family were making such a big deal about it and were sending me texts and everything and it was great :D

Advertisement