Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with choosing parts for my first gaming pc

Options
  • 15-08-2016 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I need help choosing parts for my first gaming pc. I don't care what the case or parts look like I just care about gaming performance.

1. What is your budget? €770 maximum.

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Playing new releases (at the best graphical settings I can achieve) and occasionally watching YouTube videos.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes.

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No.

5. Do you need a monitor? No.

5a. If yes, what size do you need.

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 1080p and I do not plan on upgrading soon.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? I need a keyboard and mouse but I don't need anything flashy.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes but I'd rather not.

8. How can you pay? Cash or credit card.

9. When are you purchasing? Around Christmas

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? I don't need any help building it.

Thanks for any help you can give. I'm new to pc gaming.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

i5 6400 €170
    h150m board €60
    RX 470 €230
    1tb HDD €40
    250gb SSD €80
    500w PSU €60
    Case €50
    8gb DDR4 €40
    Total €730

Prices rough, from mindfactory.de. Will be a little pricier from amazon if preferred.

Any questions, ask away

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Prices will have (hopefully) come down quite a bit by Christmas, particularly for SSDs.

If you have some money saved up, Black Friday/Cyber Monday (November 27-28) will be a good time to try to snap up parts for cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Spaceelk

i5 6400 €170
    h150m board €60
    RX 470 €230
    1tb HDD €40
    250gb SSD €80
    500w PSU €60
    Case €50
    8gb DDR4 €40
    Total €730

Prices rough, from mindfactory.de. Will be a little pricier from amazon if preferred.

Any questions, ask away
    Thanks I'll look into that now.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Prices will have (hopefully) come down quite a bit by Christmas, particularly for SSDs.

If you have some money saved up, Black Friday/Cyber Monday (November 27-28) will be a good time to try to snap up parts for cheap.

Thank you I do have money saved up so I'll be sure to check out those deals.

i5 6400 €170
    h150m board €60
    RX 470 €230
    1tb HDD €40
    250gb SSD €80
    500w PSU €60
    Case €50
    8gb DDR4 €40
    Total €730

Any questions, ask away

Sorry but it would it better to get a 120gb ssd and put more money into something else, or would my best bet be the 250gb SSD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

I would go with the SSD at 250, or even remove the HDD and bump up to a 500gb SSD. They are that nice to use. You'll regret a 120gb SSD in a year, though it is better than nothing :)

Xenoronin wrote: »
    I would go with the SSD at 250, or even remove the HDD and bump up to a 500gb SSD. They are that nice to use. You'll regret a 120gb SSD in a year, though it is better than nothing :)

OK thanks, I think I'll go with a 240gb samsung one for around 60 euros then.

Thanks lads. I ended up busing a used system for 300 and am going to buy a graphics card at black Friday or cyber Monday. The system hasn't been used much by the previous owner but has:
    An Intel core i7 2700k
    16gb ddr3
    A 2tb WD hard drive
    A good 550w power supply
    A decent motherboard
    A disc reader for some reason
    and a full copy of windows 10

Advertisement