Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OD&D campaign starting this Saturday

Options
  • 15-08-2016 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I plan on starting my 2nd weekly OD&D campaign this Saturday night, 7:15pm till 10pm. It'll be a campaign set in the area around, and largely focusing on, a mega-dungeon.

It will likely be online using roll20.net or google hangouts.

If I can get enough (3 to 4) real-world players for a weekly game in Churchtown, Dublin 14, then I'll go with that option as I love real-world table-top gaming. I have 8 players for my Monday night IRL games but I guess Saturday is a worse day for many.

So, if you are interested in a weekly D&D (1974 era version) starting this Saturday then let me know and please let me know if you're available for a real-world Churchtown game, or online only. You'll need a head-set for online gaming - the echo from speakers makes it unusuable.

I could also do Friday nights instead of Saturdays if there was a critical mass for that day. My other weeknights are all booked up.

Here is the Same Page Tool from the Monday campaign to give an idea of the play-style.
    http://gregfarrell.org/mediawiki/index.php/Same_Page_Tool

If you don't know early edition D&D then here is a great primer explaining how Old School D&D systems differs from 3rd ed or Pathfinder. It explains it way better than I ever could and there are some pretty major play-style differences from 3rd ed or Pathfinder. 5e is a bit closer in style.
    http://www.lulu.com/items/volume_63/3019000/3019374/1/print/3019374.pdf

Greg

Advertisement