Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olympic tickets

Options
  • 15-08-2016 9:58am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else sick to the b0ll1x hearing about the Olympic ticket scandal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

no, i find it intriguing

can't wait for the primetime special

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Story Bud?

And here we are...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Well considering the Olympic council are trying to slam their doors shut on the scandal and prevent any independent investigation screams even more scandal to me.

Heads of those on top must be seen to fall from a great height!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Could be time for an independent quasi judicial inquiry finishing in 2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Not really.

It's apathy of people like yourself that allows these gombeen clowns to get away with it.

They should be dragged out and publiclly shamed and charged for the criminal offences that they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Shane Ross will soon sort out the s#×+e.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,133 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Pat wasn't long telling Shane how things are dealt with internally in his camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

What scandal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Is anyone else sick to the b0ll1x hearing about the Olympic ticket scandal?

No...... Friends and family of athletes couldn't get tickets when an Irish tout had hundreds of them and was flogging them for maximum profit.

That's the problem with this country, too many attitudes like the above enable people to run amok.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

FalconGirl wrote: »
    No...... Friends and family of athletes couldn't get tickets when an Irish tout had hundreds of them an was flogging them for maximum profit.

Was the tout Ticketmaster?.....it sounds a lot like Ticketmaster.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 861 ✭✭✭MeatTwoVeg

Typical August news story.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

MeatTwoVeg wrote: »
    Typical August news story.

Bit more than that.Already pretty embarrassing for the minister and cast an air of suspicion over the OCI.

Has the makings of a good old fashioned scandal that we do so well,or at least handbags between the minister and Hickey.

Pat was on TV last week dictating who would take his place for the next three years and saying that the post should then in 2020 go to John Delaney.
    He has brass neck and in the same mould as all those other 'entitled' people in Irish Quangos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Considering the 'possible' enormity of the scandal I'm surprised at how quiet this thread is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

LordSutch wrote: »
    Considering the 'possible' enormity of the scandal I'm surprised at how quiet this thread is.

It possibly could get loud.

I think the opposite of the OP.

The entire issue stinks of some wrong doing. Not allowing independent investigators, Pat Hickey saying a meeting was excellent when our Sports Minister said it was useless...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

At first I felt sorry for the Pro10 chap.

Then I found out Pro10 was set up a month after the tickets went on sale.......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Cut all funding and see how long it takes for Pat Hickey to change his tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Usually Pat Hickey would be on the airwaves a lot during the Olympics. Surprisingly quiet this time...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

And this is why we can't have nice things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Swap for anything in my ads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Usually Pat Hickey would be on the airwaves a lot during the Olympics. Surprisingly quiet this time...

Its a busy time for him to be fair, so I think that insinuation is a bit low. He also took time out to meet Minister Ross and they had a great exchange of views in an excellent meeting.
    The tickets in Mr Mallon's possession were being held for clients, and were distributed according to the approved ATR process. The OCI is in a difficult position, not being able to comment further publicly so as not to prejudice the processes of the Brazilian judicial system. There remains however, no suggestion of any wrongdoing or misconduct on the part of the OCI or any of its staff, so I think people need to calm down a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Its a busy time for him to be fair, so I think that insinuation is a bit low. He also took time out to meet Minister Ross and they had a great exchange of views in an excellent meeting.
    The tickets in Mr Mallon's possession were being held for clients, and were distributed according to the approved ATR process. The OCI is in a difficult position, not being able to comment further publicly so as not to prejudice the processes of the Brazilian judicial system. There remains however, no suggestion of any wrongdoing or misconduct on the part of the OCI or any of its staff, so I think people need to calm down a little.

Sounds like a PR statement on behalf of the OCI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

You know they're in the sheet when closing their doors completely is deemed as the best option. Talk about drawing a target on your back.

Does Lucretia do sarcasm? That's the only explanation to that speil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

The Brazilian authorities have disputed your version of events.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/brazilian-police-seek-second-irish-man-over-olympics-tickets-1.2757062

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

lertsnim wrote: »
    Cut all funding and see how long it takes for Pat Hickey to change his tune.

It would have little impact on them. Apparently most of their moolah comes from fundraising, so what they get from the government is a drop in the ocean in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

The Ministers job is one the line if he doesnt properly deal with this. It looks like a scandal/cover up to me.

It looks like trolling, but happy to give the benefit of the doubt.

Can you explain why independent investigators are not allowed and why our Minister contradicts your claim that it was an excellent meeting and a great exchange of views? Is he lying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

madalig12 wrote: »
    The Ministers job is one the line if he doesnt properly deal with this. It looks like a scandal/cover up to me.

I doubt if the Ministers job is on the line. He is not the one responsible for the ticket touting (if that is indeed what is going on) or the cover up of it. Nor is he at the top of the IOC food chain, in the way that Pat Hickey is. Heads may very well roll over all this, but I doubt if Shane Ross's will be one of them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement