Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2008 Ford Mondeo starting problem

Options
  • 14-08-2016 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

About ten days ago I was driving my 2008 125bhp 1.8 Ford Mondeo to Dublin from Cavan when the battery light came on. When I got to the train station and parked, the car wouldn't start.

I managed to get it jump started that evening and drove it to my garage in Cavan. They kept it until Saturday and said a pulley on the alternator was gone.

They repaired it but I noticed after I got it back the odd time it was having problems starting and I'd have to put a huge rev on it to get it to start. Towards the end of the week this stopped so I just thought maybe the battery had to recharge and that was the problem.

Today I was in Dublin though and it wouldn't start again. Had to get it jump started and put a huge rev on it to get it to start. Back to Cavan and it wouldn't start until I put a huge rev on it again.

I'm going to bring it back to the garage but any ideas what the problem could be? I'm hoping something simple like a new battery needed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

I'd try a battery before going near a garage if you have never replaced it before its 8 years old now

You should get a decent battery for 60 - 80 euro

Wont do any harm

Advertisement