Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Shredder / Mulcher

Options
  • 14-08-2016 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi

I'm looking for a more industrial type shredder / mulcher for apples, as we are soon approaching apple season time. For last few years we have used the standard kitchen electrical blender, with shredding capabilities..however doing so takes for eons, so this year I'd like to look at something a bit more 'industrial'.

I've had a look in Google land and see the Florabest garden shredder may be suitable however I'm not sure the consistency would be what we need to then press them.

Has anyone any experience in this, and if so could you make any recommendations?

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Offgridcoe

Saw a tv clip a while back about a group of fellas that made scrumpy cider every year in Somerset, UK using garden shredder and seemed to work perfectly for them. They had a big old fashioned manual screw press and suppose finished product depends on how much you filter what comes out, theirs was definitely not clear but drinking results were the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I was talking to someone who sells home brew supplies and he said that he use a Lidl garden shredder with great success.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭gazahayes

robh71 wrote: »
    Hi

I'm looking for a more industrial type shredder / mulcher for apples, as we are soon approaching apple season time. For last few years we have used the standard kitchen electrical blender, with shredding capabilities..however doing so takes for eons, so this year I'd like to look at something a bit more 'industrial'.

I've had a look in Google land and see the Florabest garden shredder may be suitable however I'm not sure the consistency would be what we need to then press them.

Has anyone any experience in this, and if so could you make any recommendations?

Thanks in Advance

Used one at home made about 30 litres of cider biggest problem was the press. Place into muslin and stack a few high and then press. You can always filter the juice through another muslin

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭robh71

Ok thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 39 matt007

I'm going to have a go at the garden shredder, great idea

• Advertisement
Advertisement