Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinned Lenses

Options
  • 14-08-2016 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello,

I have been wearing glasses for years and due to my perscription have thinned my lenses for almost as long.

My prescription was recently changed, a very minute change, bringing my left eye to -9.25. New light plastic frames were selected and I duly picked the thinnest lenses.

I collected my new pair yesterday. After only one day wearing them, I have a major red indentation on my left nose. My ear is red raw and painful. The new pair feel noticeably heavier than my previous. To me, the lens looks much thicker even though both frames are similar in size and shape.

I rang the optician to check that the lenses were thinned and that there wasn't a mistake. I was told that I'm wearing the frames wrong. Eh...?

Is there anywhere I can get my glasses thickness checked? As it is, I can't wear them, they're too heavy. I would appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

SelOT wrote: »
    Hello,

I have been wearing glasses for years and due to my perscription have thinned my lenses for almost as long.

My prescription was recently changed, a very minute change, bringing my left eye to -9.25. New light plastic frames were selected and I duly picked the thinnest lenses.

I collected my new pair yesterday. After only one day wearing them, I have a major red indentation on my left nose. My ear is red raw and painful. The new pair feel noticeably heavier than my previous. To me, the lens looks much thicker even though both frames are similar in size and shape.

I rang the optician to check that the lenses were thinned and that there wasn't a mistake. I was told that I'm wearing the frames wrong. Eh...?

Is there anywhere I can get my glasses thickness checked? As it is, I can't wear them, they're too heavy. I would appreciate any advice.

Sounds like the frame hasn't been adjusted properly. If the frames aren't sitting correctly they will feel much heavier and will leave marks. First point of call would be to go get them adjusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

If they are the plastic ones then they can't be adjusted which is why I don't like them.
    -9, without glasses how bad is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SelOT

Okay, thanks Daisies!

@x6 Bad. Everything is a complete blur. I can see ~10cm

Advertisement