Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offered 8th choice on their CAO?

Options
  • 14-08-2016 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

I heard of someone getting offered their 8th place on their CAO after not qualifying for the other 7. Is this possible because I thought you only got offered your top 3 places? Here is proof ofthem being offered their 8th choice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP5krBagiVI
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

It's done based on points. If you don't have the points for the top 7 choices but do for your 8 then you get your 8th choice

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Samurai12

It's done based on points. If you don't have the points for the top 7 choices but do for your 8 then you get your 8th choice
    Oh ok I thought that you only got offers from your top 3 and that was it

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Samurai12 wrote: »

If that was the case there wouldn't be any reason for them to let you list 10 courses on your CAO

If that was the case there wouldn't be any reason for them to let you list 10 courses on your CAO
    Yeah I know, that is why I was confused about it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Samurai12 wrote: »
    Lol, where do these myths spring from?!! :D
    +1000

• Advertisement

Lol, where do these myths spring from?!! :D

+1000
    Its my own fault, I should have read through the CAO handbook and website more attentively

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭TooMuchWork

Happened to a friend of mine who got a D1 in maths and missed out on his top 9 or so because they all required a C3

Advertisement