Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding work in Vancouver

Options
  • 13-08-2016 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I'm moving to Vancouver in September. Wondering if anyone who's been over there could advise on what the jobs market is like. The unemployment rate is pretty low but I've heard of Irish struggling to find work there. I'd probably be looking for bar work as I've a good bit of experience. What are my chances of finding a full-time job quickly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,305 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

LeinsterJC wrote: »
    I'm moving to Vancouver in September. Wondering if anyone who's been over there could advise on what the jobs market is like. The unemployment rate is pretty low but I've heard of Irish struggling to find work there. I'd probably be looking for bar work as I've a good bit of experience. What are my chances of finding a full-time job quickly?

If its bar/service work you want then there is lots here.

The speed at which you find a job depends on how much you look for one and how productive you are with networking and things like that.

Took me 3 months to get up and running here. That was 3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Sponsorgate

Got acceptance letter today :)

I work in IT with approx 8 years experience. Anyone currently working in IT in Vancouver? How would you recommend going about finding work in Vancouver?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

I work in IT with approx 8 years experience. Anyone currently working in IT in Vancouver? How would you recommend going about finding work in Vancouver?

What area of IT? I'm currently hiring dev, qa and architect, work in a smallish IT company downtown. PM me and can see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

What sort of role are you looking for?

Check out indeed.ca

Its probably the best place to look for jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

I'm moving from Australia to Vancouver in January, my two years are up here and Im worried it will be a struggle to get work! I'm working in banking at the moment - what's the job scene like over there at the moment? Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

I'm moving from Australia to Vancouver in January, my two years are up here and Im worried it will be a struggle to get work! I'm working in banking at the moment - what's the job scene like over there at the moment? Thanks guys

There are jobs here, but be prepared to be patient in finding one. The hiring process here (at least in my industry) is slow.

Advertisement