Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student contribution charge

Options
  • 13-08-2016 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,Does anyone know if getting BTEA is the student contribution paid?I have been awarded fees only from Susi as i am applying for BTEA and know you can't get full grant when getting BTEA,
    It states on several websites that if not getting full grant student must pay student contribution of €3000 is this correct or does BTEA cover it as i think the fees i have been approved for is just tuition fees,.......very long winded,Sorry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

BTEA is a payment to yourself.

SUSI is the grant awarding body to cover the student contribution charge - SUSI dont cover tuition fees.

You can be awarded the SUSI grant (student contribution) and be awarded BTEA

My best advice is to contact your college. SUSI can be very confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Clare 2015 wrote: »
    I have been awarded fees only from Susi

SUSI has two parts:
    Fees: The €3000/yr
    Maintenance: €100-300 approx /in term month thats for food/travel etc.

If they've awarded you 100% fees then the 3K the college want is paid. Done. Non BTEA applicants might get maintenance to live off but thats what your BTEA comes in and should give you more.

Tuition fees only apply if you arent eligible for the Free Fees Scheme - Previously dropped out, not from the EU etc. In the off chance this applies to you things can get a LOT more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

again tuition can vary depending on the college you are in. Tuition fees in ITs are quite low in comparison to Universities

Hope you get this sorted. SUSI can be confusing in their communication to students so your college should clarify this for you

Advertisement