Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding channels to open box v8s

Options
  • 13-08-2016 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to manually add channels similar to adding other channels on sky box? Specifically I'm looking to add the bbc Olympic channels

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

webpal wrote: »
    Is it possible to manually add channels similar to adding other channels on sky box? Specifically I'm looking to add the bbc Olympic channels

Yes it is possible. You have to go into the manual tuning menu and tune in the different transponders that the extra channels are on. Details of the channels should be in the Free to Air tuning guide.
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055520627/1/#post100593876
    BBC INTERACTIVE
    -
    BBC Olympics 1 10.773 H 22000 5/6 DVB-S
    BBC Olympics 2 12.422 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S
    BBC Olympics 3 12.422 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S
    BBC Olympics 4 12.422 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S
    BBC Olympics 5 12.422 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S
    BBC Olympics 6 12.422 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S
    BBC Olympics 7 12.422 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S
    BBC Olympics 8 12.422 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S
    BBC Olympics 1 HD 10.744 H 23000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK
    BBC Olympics 2 HD 10.744 H 23000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK
    BBC Olympics 3 HD 10.744 H 23000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK
    BBC Olympics 4 HD 10.862 H 23000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK
    BBC Olympics 5 HD 10.862 H 23000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK
    BBC Olympics 6 HD 10.862 H 23000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK
    BBC Olympics 7 HD 10.876 V 23000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK
    BBC Olympics 8 HD 10.876 V 23000 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭webpal

Thanks but I can't seem to find the manual tuning menu. I can see lists alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

webpal wrote:
    Thanks but I can't seem to find the manual tuning menu. I can see lists alright.

Go into Settings first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Menu>TP List> on the left you see the list of satellites go across to ADD and insert Frequency,symbol rate and polarity. Then hit save and signal intensity bar below should be strong then hit ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭webpal

I have another question which hopefully can be answered too. I have a TV in another room which is connected to a sky + box in the Attic. Can I put an open box in this room and connect it to this box? I.e. indirectly it will be connected to the dish ?? Or does the open box need to be connected directly to dish?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

I have another question which hopefully can be answered too. I have a TV in another room which is connected to a sky + box in the Attic. Can I put an open box in this room and connect it to this box? I.e. indirectly it will be connected to the dish ?? Or does the open box need to be connected directly to dish?

You Can connect the sat feed into the openbox and connect the sky box via the loop through, However only one box can control the polarity switching on the lnb, meaning to get all channels on both horizontal and vertical polaritys whatever box is not in use would need to be in standby. If its practical and there's an available connection on the lnb it would be better to run a separate feed into the openbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

... I have a TV in another room which is connected to a sky + box in the Attic. Can I put an open box in this room and connect it to this box? I.e. indirectly it will be connected to the dish ??

The cable coming from the box in the attic won't be carrying the signal from the satellite dish, so no point connecting it to your openbox satellite tuner, unless you remove the Sky box from the equation &, join its satellite feed to (what I'm assuming is) the coaxial cable currently connected to its RF-out. (And hopefully this cable will be capable of handling the higher frequencies involved.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Joedaveyboy

I have just purchased an openbox v8s to replace my sky. I haven't got a clue what I am doing but it is working in my living room. I now need to stream what I am watching in living room to three other televisions in other rooms. With the sky setup I have an I/O link and the co-axial cable coming down from upstairs which feeds the televisions in the other rooms plugs into the I/O link which in turn plugs into the back of the sky box. Do I need to buy something to allow me to stream to the other televisions. I don't want to watch something else just the same thing in other rooms. I notice that I have two satellite cables and now one is redundant. That used to be used to allow me to record I think. I also have an extra port at the back of the openbox called loop. Can I do something with these ?? Any help would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 35 kennymat

Hi can someone help cant get some of the channels to work on my openbox v8s i cant fined the latest channels list updat have upgrade by network some of them cum in .The line is working ok where am i going wrong thanks .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055520627

This is an up to date list of channels

• Advertisement
Advertisement