Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does anyone here find their writing very disorganized?

Options
  • 12-08-2016 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

I have loads of half written stories on jotters I found an old one recently and couldn't remember where I was going with it just wonder how everyone else manages

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Yep.

Let's not mention the crumpled post-it's in various pockets of my handbag...

Some people are very organised, but I couldn't write like that. It would feel too prescribed, less fluid.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

My problem is, I have a very tidy brain - I hate a mess of any kind, and love to organise things into categories, lists etc. Unfortunately, I seem incapable of complying with my brain's demands. I have numerous memory sticks, with countless documents, most of which are duplicated x amount of times.

And since Windows 10, I can't even work out how to organise files. At least I knew how to before.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

deffinately. though in my case, its more to do with a lack of organisation in terms of notes and so forth. I have hundreds of notes scribbled on various copybooks and writing pads all over the house. I'm not a very tidy bunny to be honest.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 WriterGuy

I used to till I started using Scrivener.

Now I keep ideas on the Notes app on my phone (synced with Notes on my iPad) and also voice recorder.

I use XMind to mindmap ideas - synced with iThoughts on iPad.

And I use Scrivener on iPad synced with DropBox so that it will update on my laptop when I am using that.

I also have Aqua Notes - a waterproof pad and pencil, to capture ideas I have in the shower. That may be a street too far for most people, though, lol.

Google Keep is great for keeping stuff you find online - it's like Evernote except free no matter how much you save on it.

I too, have notebooks, but anything written in them tends to get shifted to a "draft" in Scrivener for future use. I just ignore those or else I jump from one thing to another too much and don't get enough done.

PS - I am no expert on writing but am good at organization.

WriterGuy wrote: »
    I also have Aqua Notes - a waterproof pad and pencil, to capture ideas I have in the shower. That may be a street too far for most people, though, lol.

Oh my god. There's nothing like the clarity you get in the shower. But mine runs off the hot tank and the warm water runs out quickly, so I'd be in there scribbling whilst getting iced. :D

• Advertisement

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Oh my god. There's nothing like the clarity you get in the shower. But mine runs off the hot tank and the warm water runs out quickly, so I'd be in there scribbling whilst getting iced. :D

LOL.

If I could just capture and keep ideas I have out running - then actually use all this stuff in books, I'd be laughing!

This seems pertinent.

:P

truth.jpg

Das Kitty wrote: »
    This seems pertinent.

:P

truth.jpg

LOL #truth !

Advertisement