Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

6 month old car - seat belt not clicking in

Options
  • 12-08-2016 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

Seatbelt on the driver side is not clicking in. 161 reg. anybody know how to fix this?

Should i go to the dealer or try some wd40 etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Straight to main dealer, don't attempt to go at it yourself or they might accuse you of damaging it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Seatbelt on the driver side is not clicking in. 161 reg. anybody know how to fix this?

Should i go to the dealer or try some wd40 etc

Its likely something has fallen into it like a paperclip or matchstick etc.
    I wouldnt oil it at all. These are almost fail proof so that is why I think it's down to something having droped in.
    If you cannot pull a foreign object out of it, take it to dealer. If the problem is of your making, you will have to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Might be worth giving trying the Hoover tube on it, if there is something dropped in it may suck it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

Straight to main dealer, don't attempt to go at it yourself or they might accuse you of damaging it.

+100 new car under warranty. If the hoover trick don't work don't touch it. Straight back for a free fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Potentially seeing as you can't safely use the car you should call the breakdown service if that came with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement