Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding singer/group for church and reception music

Options
  • 12-08-2016 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone could recommend someone/a group/company that do church music and/or reception music.

I have got a quote from one company in Waterford but its priced per musician and quite expensive?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,029 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Ross Kearley is excellent
    Something Blue is another

PM me is you need their details

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

highly recommend ross kearly he did the church/ reception music for our wedding and we had brand new cadillac as our wedding band had all ages out dancing

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

Hi, it really depends what you want! When it comes to the ceremony, there are loads of different combinations like string quartet, piano and singer, guitarist + singer etc,and then styles to consider (classical, folk, popular etc) so it will probably help to narrow it down a bit. I know it can seem expensive, but from the musicians point of view they generally have years of (expensive!) training and can't take on any other work that day as ceremony is always in the middle of the day!

Anyway, I'm in that line of work, so if you want any advice I'm happy to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Sprites

The Pearly Whites do both ceremony and reception music.

One singer and either piano or piano plus guitar for the ceremony and then a ten piece band for the reception.

They are excellent if you are into brass sections and a big band sound. They aren't cheap but you are paying for 10 musicians. I had them play at my wedding reception and couldn't fault them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭floyd333

We had something blue at ours. They were excellent and lovely to deal with.

More info here:

http://onefabday.com/ie/weddingbook/something-blue-acoustics/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Advertisement