Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ABS acting up after wheel bearing replacement

Options
  • 12-08-2016 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Got a front wheel bearing replaced on 2007 Avensis d4d yesterday... when i went to pick it up the garage told me it was a nightmare to get out..... said they had to drill it out and reset the abs sensor.

Anyways on my way home i noticed the brake petal is kicking back when breaking at slow speeds.... when i say kicking back i mean like the abs is kicking in.

Rang the garage they told me its ok to drive and drop it in next week needs adjustment..... does this sound right? Brakes are not something id like to chancing to be honest... wonder should i take it in today?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tbh, I'd go with what the professionals say. They did the work and knows it better than any of us.
    Brakes will still work but take it handy and drive like a granny.

Edit, maybe the guys below are right. Best take it back asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Bigus

You can't reset ABS, they've either broken a tooth or two off the abs sender ring or damaged the sensor , sounds like the former to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Yes they have made a balls of it. Take it back immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

You can adjust it, i had a speed sensor sitting too close to the ABS ring and the ABS would kick in at low speed, pulling the sensor out of the hub a fraction sorted this.

It sounds like they simply just pushed the sensor too far into the hub.

Advertisement