Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC one M8 software issue - need back up of photos

Options
  • 12-08-2016 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi there, my HTC one M8 (15 months old) is continuously crashing - brought it into carphone warehouse and phoneshop and they said it seems like software issue and needs to be rebooted. Problem is i have really valuable photos on phone that I need to save. I can still see them on the phone when it switches on but it doesn't give me enough time to even individually send them to another phone. A uSB connection is charging phone but not letting me transfer and the software seems so glitchy I don't think I would have enough time.

I don't have automatic back up to google or dropbox set up unfortunately. Is there anything I can do to get the photos of the actual phone? Any experts out there who could help me??

Thanks,
    Paula

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭Xterminator

hi paula

i have no affiliation with the company i am going to recommend. i used them once in a professional capacity, and they did what they said they would with good results.

www.ontrackdatarecovery.ie

its going to cost you, but then if the photos are irreplaceable ... at least it is an option.

Cheers

X

• Registered Users Posts: 55,459 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Are the photos on the phone or SD card? If they are on the SD, you should be able to retrieve them if you have anything that can read them (most modern laptops have an SD slot - you may need an SD adapter)

Also just check https://photos.google.com anyway, you never know - maybe the photos have been backed up to the cloud automatically while you were connected to WiFi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-m8-rooting-roms-hacks/384542-guide-how-reboot-into-stock-recovery-htc-one-m8.html

be very careful trying this. You may be able to try adb to get your files back while in recovery or fastboot. but be very careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 phonefixneeded

MR e - thanks yes I've tried dropbox, drive all of the usual things just to see but no :(

I've got some photos of the SD card but he majority are on the phone..

• Registered Users Posts: 6 phonefixneeded

Thanks for that Ste - I would be a bit concerned doing this myself in case I wreck it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

When you plug the phone into a computer are there not any options in the notification drawer to connect for file transfer? Forget about any htc software i would have thought you can plug the phone in and it will be seen and treated as if it was a plain usb stick.

Simple copy and paste then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

When phone is plugged into your computer using the usb cable, does the phone show up in "my computer"? if it does, going into this should show the phone contents and the microsd contents. If it does, browse into phone, find photos and copy and paste either to local pc or onto microsd?

Have you tried with a different cable/pc?
    should also give prompt to import once plugged into pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 shahidkhan

Hi
    Try enabling usb debugging and it should pop up on your computer when connected with usb cable.. Some time it shows option when you connect cable with computer on phone and choose MTP. It will show you as folder under my computer now.
    Second set up Google photos from play store and set up your Google account it will sync the photos on wifi.. To confirm in parallel on computer login on photos.google.com with same gmail acc which you have used on computer and check the progress of last sync photo dates...

If you have difficulty to install photos software from play store then install using Google play website from your same gmail acc using a PC and push the Google photos app on your htc m8 and it will get install on it when htc is up and running during start up and crash

Hope this help

Advertisement