Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dye keeps running in trousers

Options
  • 11-08-2016 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭

I bought a pair of khaki green skinny combats from Berska while abroad earlier in the summer. Love the fit, the length etc. But I've washed them twice and the dye has run both times. First wash I had to throw out two bras that got destroyed in the wash with them. Then had a close call today when I took them out of the wash to find the white section on my son's Ferrari tshirt has dulled because of the trousers. I use colour catchers in every wash and it's definitely taken on the dye.

Just wondering is there as way to stop the colour running on them? Will it just stop running eventually? If the dye keeps running the colour is going to fade. I may resort to putting them in with the darker towels and bedclothes but they normally go on a hotter wash.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Bad quality if they are running that badly.

A bit of run first wash maybe but after that they shouldnt.

Can you put them in on their own in cool washes a few times?

With that level of run theyre probably dying your legs if you get sweaty or caught out in rain too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

With that level of run theyre probably dying your legs if you get sweaty or caught out in rain too.
    That's the thing - the dye doesn't run when I'm wearing them! I've had a pair of jeans (cheap Penneys one's) where the dye transferred but after a wash they were fine.
    Looking like they would have to be washed separately but it wouldn't be very economical to run the machine for one item.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    That's the thing - the dye doesn't run when I'm wearing them! I've had a pair of jeans (cheap Penneys one's) where the dye transferred but after a wash they were fine.
    Looking like they would have to be washed separately but it wouldn't be very economical to run the machine for one item.

Im always running the machine for just one item!!

But I try to just run the shortest cold cycle - about 20 minutes - so its not too bad.

Advertisement