Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does this sewing machine need a presser foot??

Options
  • 11-08-2016 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi all!

Just wondering if anyone can help me out. Am a sewing machine beginner,got this one (Brother PX-100) from a friend but looking at the instructions I think maybe it's missing the presser foot? Or does this model not have one or it is there and it just doesn't look the same as picture? Sorry for sounding like such a dummie :rolleyes:

If it is missing, anyone know if it's easy to buy a new one and pop it on?

Thanks! :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,112 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Yes it is missing the foot. Are there any bits with the machine? Does it have a 'secret' drawer with accessories in? I would ask her first if she has it, but it should be possible to buy one, and they click on and off very easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dave987

looksee wrote: »
    Yes it is missing the foot. Are there any bits with the machine? Does it have a 'secret' drawer with accessories in? I would ask her first if she has it, but it should be possible to buy one, and they click on and off very easily.

Ah thank you! Sorry it probably sounds like a stupid question but I don't know about these things! :) I can't see any secret drawer so I will ask her and if not look for a replacement. Thanks again for your help! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,112 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If you do not have the presser foot (and there are various types for different purposes) then there are other bits you do not have. You have half the presser foot there, the bit with the hook screws onto the machine, but there are a number of other bits for straight sewing, swing needle sewing, putting on zips, buttonholes, twisting a tiny hem etc, depending on the machine. Most of them are standard and your friend no doubt has a little box of them that she just forgot to give you.

You should also have some shuttles for the bottom thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dave987

looksee wrote: »
    If you do not have the presser foot (and there are various types for different purposes) then there are other bits you do not have. You have half the presser foot there, the bit with the hook screws onto the machine, but there are a number of other bits for straight sewing, swing needle sewing, putting on zips, buttonholes, twisting a tiny hem etc, depending on the machine. Most of them are standard and your friend no doubt has a little box of them that she just forgot to give you.

You should also have some shuttles for the bottom thread.

Hiya,
    Thanks! I don't think she has anything else as she gave me all she has. I'll keep an eye out for the other things, thanks for your reply!

Advertisement