Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prep for a Chest Tattoo

Options
  • 11-08-2016 7:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hey all just would like to know what prep should be made for my chest tat which Im getting tomorrow. Its a large enough piece and its a Stag. Its my second piece and I just need some advice on the following.

-Does it hurt? (I know all tats hurt, in comparison to the forearm/where i got my first one.. will it be bad?)

-Clothing? (What should I wear and will I be topless.. maybe a silly question)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Destiiny wrote: »
    -Does it hurt? (I know all tats hurt, in comparison to the forearm/where i got my first one.. will it be bad?)
    Everybody is different, so it's a hard one to answer. My chest one felt like I was being branded for 3 hours. Other people almost fell asleep during theirs. Expect the worst, and you can only be pleasantly surprised if it's not that bad, and you can have the satisfaction of being right if it's bad! :D
    Destiiny wrote: »
    -Clothing? (What should I wear and will I be topless.. maybe a silly question)
    Wear something loose, so that after it's not too tight against the fresh tattoo. The area will need to be uncovered of course, so it'll depend. I was topless for mine, if you're female, you may need to strip down to your bra, and maybe take the strap off, depending on where the tattoo will be, and what size it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Destiiny

Thanks for your reply.

Im expecting really bad, I did for the forearm and it was okay but Im sorta bricking it for the chest.
    Im a man was just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Belt in mouth time for you.

Star Lord wrote: »
    Everybody is different, so it's a hard one to answer. My chest one felt like I was being branded for 3 hours. Other people almost fell asleep during theirs. Expect the worst, and you can only be pleasantly surprised if it's not that bad, and you can have the satisfaction of being right if it's bad! :D

Wear something loose, so that after it's not too tight against the fresh tattoo. The area will need to be uncovered of course, so it'll depend. I was topless for mine, if you're female, you may need to strip down to your bra, and maybe take the strap off, depending on where the tattoo will be, and what size it is.

Got it done and yes indeed it was bad.. The outline was sore, when it came to shading it was beyond excruciating.. But all worth it in the end

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Belt in mouth time for you.

It was worse than that :((

• Advertisement

Yeah, I had a fair few teeth-grinding moments, particularly near the shoulder and the collar bone, but well worth it.

Star Lord wrote: »
    Yeah, I had a fair few teeth-grinding moments, particularly near the shoulder and the collar bone, but well worth it.

Yeah I found the top worse, my artist said down the bottom would be worse but the top almost made me vomit.. I cant add a picture since Im new though.. why's that :)

It's a site wide thing, to stop spammers posting crap. Think it's till 25 posts or so. (but don't just post rubbish to get up to the 25, the admins don't like that!!!)

Advertisement