Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got SUSI grant this year

Options
  • 11-08-2016 7:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,was wondering if anyone has got confirmation of grant this year, i applied end of may and sent documents etc and just waiting now to see.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

I applied May 18th, and just got my decision today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Clare 2015

Yes,I applied in July & got info back in post to say i am eligible for fees only,got it back about two weeks ago,if you go online you can see how your application is progressing,Good Luck

Yes,I applied in July & got info back in post to say i am eligible for fees only,got it back about two weeks ago,if you go online you can see how your application is progressing,Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 6 deniseg

Clare 2015 wrote: »

thats great, was the fees only what you expected. i check online email and ring all the time but its still awaiting review. I was doing my final year in 2012 but had to drop out as Susi Was a shambles and couldnt afford to live but thats only been four years ago and they say its five . susi emailed me in 2014 and said i had to wait three years so i went with that and now i find out its five years. I have already moved myself and 7 year old near the college so to say i am worried is an understatement

Yes i was expecting fees only as i hope to get BTEA,wonder why yours is taking so long?keep after them anyway,I hope you get what you want :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Yeah, awarded renewal back in June.

I know people who have applied for grants for the first time this year and have received confirmation letters already, whole process appears to be faster than in previous years.

Afaik you have to have a break of five years between courses to be considered a "second chance student". There are people here who seem to be very knowledgeable about the grant system so hopefully they can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Samurai12

I am a first time applicant. I applied back in May but have not recieved any letter yet. All it says online is that my application has been queued for assessment since the 12th of July. Anyone else with this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Family member submitted a renewal May 3 and received approval on July 25.
    Samurai12 wrote: »
    I am a first time applicant. I applied back in May but have not recieved any letter yet. All it says online is that my application has been queued for assessment since the 12th of July. Anyone else with this problem?

First time applications are slow. Like glacial. Don't be surprised if you get your decision in mid September and thus payment in November.

ED E wrote: »
    Family member submitted a renewal May 3 and received approval on July 25.

First time applications are slow. Like glacial. Don't be surprised if you get your decision in mid September and thus payment in November.
    That's not good, as my mam recently lost her job and I was hoping that the susi would come at least in Early October due to the fact that i will most likely be commuting and I need the money for the long bus journeys

Only advice I can offer is to have any supporting documentation ready to go so you can turn it around ASAP when they issue you a document request (you make it sound like you're yet to get one right?) and then send it back registered mail to get the best possible position in the queue.

This would be details of any income or benefits you and your parent(s) received in the calendar year of 2015(Jan 1 to Dec 31). Your moms P60 for 2015 for example.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Only advice I can offer is to have any supporting documentation ready to go so you can turn it around ASAP when they issue you a document request (you make it sound like you're yet to get one right?) and then send it back registered mail to get the best possible position in the queue.

This would be details of any income or benefits you and your parent(s) received in the calendar year of 2015(Jan 1 to Dec 31). Your moms P60 for 2015 for example.
    They already issued a document request over a month ago and I replied within 3 days.

Ahhh, it should say "queued for final assessment then" if my memory serves me. You're further than I thought. Unfortunately they'll never tell you your place in the queue so just keep an eye.

Yeah it has been queued for about 5 weeks now

I still have had nothing yet, have you heard anything

deniseg wrote: »
    I still have had nothing yet, have you heard anything
    Yeah I got mine yesterday. It said the amount I was entitled to and everything. So now I am just waiting for the round of offers to come and then when I accept they will start paying me in September, hopefully.

Yeah I got mine yesterday. It said the amount I was entitled to and everything. So now I am just waiting for the round of offers to come and then when I accept they will start paying me in September, hopefully.

Thats great. it be a relief for you. hopefully it will be plain sailing now for you

deniseg wrote: »
    Thats great. it be a relief for you. hopefully it will be plain sailing now for you
    Yeah hopefully, can't wait to have it all over and done with and just be in the university already. I'm still anxious that something might go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

I applied in April and still haven't heard back for my final year, I didn't get it last year because I had to repeat a module so I'm wondering if this is throwing a spanner in the works.

Have you not heard anything at all, that seems a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Mine was awarded this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

I applied as a first time applicant in April, the day applications opened. I was asked to send supporting documentation after exactly six weeks, which I did. I was queued for Final Assessment for six weeks, and I was awarded a grant in early July. Whole process took twelve weeks. Apply EARLY.

This is what mine is like from the website. 55ITt0f.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

This is what mine is like from the website. 55ITt0f.jpg

You should get a letter in the post tomorrow informing you of rates you are eligible for.

You should get a letter in the post tomorrow informing you of rates you are eligible for.
    I already got the letter, I am just putting this screenshot as a reference for other people so they can know right about how long their's is gonna take

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Appmaths97

my college is asking for my susi number. Is that just my application reference?

Appmaths97 wrote: »
    my college is asking for my susi number. Is that just my application reference?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lee_la

From the website, mine looks the same as the picture above except step 4 is not checked off. I got a letter months ago saying it was awarded. I just wonder if it definitely is as the final assessment wasn't done.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sibeen99

My daughter applied for the grant in April and it was awarded in May. She still hasn't received a request for documents, should she contact them? Nothing is showing up on the online tracker to suggest they have requested documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

sibeen99 wrote: »
    My daughter applied for the grant in April and it was awarded in May. She still hasn't received a request for documents, should she contact them? Nothing is showing up on the online tracker to suggest they have requested documents.

They only look for documents prior to awarding a grant. If your daughter has been awarded a grant, you're fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sibeen99

Mac_Lad71 wrote: »
    They only look for documents prior to awarding a grant. If your daughter has been awarded a grant, you're fine.

Thanks, would they not want documents to confirm the information given?

Advertisement