Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantum Break PC Edition

Options
  • 10-08-2016 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭

Remedy and Nordic Games have just announced Quantum Break is coming to PC via Steam and Retail on 14 September for €39.99.
    Nordic Games to publish the Quantum Break: Timeless Collector’s Edition for PC in partnership with Microsoft Studios and Remedy Entertainment
    Vienna, Austria - August 10, 2016: Nordic Games is partnering with Microsoft Studios and Remedy Entertainment to bring a very special edition of Quantum Break for PC to retail.

This showcase-piece will be released on September 14th, 2016 and is called the Quantum Break: Timeless Collector’s Edition and retails at EUR/USD 39.99.

The game itself includes all the latest updates, whereas the entire backlog (for Xbox One and PC) can be found here: http://www.quantumbreak.com/2016/08/patch-updates/

“After having worked with Remedy on the PC version of Alan Wake in 2012, and with Microsoft Studios on Ori and The Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (2016), and State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition (2016), we are proud to announce a new triangle-collaboration with two of our trusted partners”, comments Reinhard Pollice, Business and Product Development Director. “Apart from being a new IP (which is always a brave step), Quantum Break turned out to be a sophisticated, visually stunning shooter with a top-notch cast of characters. We are looking forward to work on the physical PC release of this great game."

Quantum Break: Timeless Collector's Edition retails at EUR/USD 39.99 and contains:
    •Premium packaging
    •5 Game Discs (onetime Steam key validation required)
    •Making Of Blu-ray
    •Making Of Book (where an Art Book meets a Making-Of)
    •1 Soundtrack CD (Audio-CD)
    •2 A3 Poster (one double-sided print)
    •Quickstart Guide

About Quantum Break
    “Quantum Break” is part hard-hitting video game, part thrilling live action show featuring a stellar cast, including Shawn Ashmore as the hero Jack Joyce, Aiden Gillen as his nemesis Paul Serene, and Dominic Monaghan as Jack’s genius brother William. “Quantum Break” is full of the vivid storytelling, rich characters and dramatic twists Remedy Entertainment are renowned for. Choices in-game will affect the outcome of the fast-pased fusion between game and show, illustrating one story perceived in many ways for a completely unique entertainment experience; play the game to understand the heroes, watch the show to discern the villians.

•In-depth, fast-paced narrative experience crafted by Remedy Entertainment
    •Time amplified gameplay
    •Navigate epic scenes of destruction as they skip and rewind in broken time
    •Top quality live action show that is directly impacted by the choices made in-game
    •Stellar cast of actors
    •One story told many ways with the player having control of decisions within narrative junctions within the game

Most importantly, the game will run on Windows 7 systems whereas the existing version on PC runs exclusively on Windows 10.

The Collector's Edition looks great and for that price I will definitely be picking one up. A friend gifted me his free key for the Windows 10 version, but the Windows Platform interface is terrible and very intrusive. The game had a myriad of problems because of the restrictions connected to UWP. In the end I stopped playing until, as I hoped, they would patch the game. I haven't gone back as I heard the patches didn't address the main problems with UWP.

Nordic Games have been responsible for a number of very good ports, including Alan Wake, which, in my view, is one of the best ports ever produced. Now I am very excited to play Quantum Break as it was (probably) intended to be played.

I suspect Remedy had a clause in their contract with MS that if the game did not sale a certain number by a specific date they would be allowed to publish the game on Steam and Retail for PC. I hope it sells a lot on Steam and Retail to send a message to MS.

Anyone else picking this up? I can't wait! :D

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Wasn't this a broken and buggy mess?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Shiminay wrote: »
    Wasn't this a broken and buggy mess?

Because of Microsoft's UWP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Even fixed this game didn't seem very appealing. Remedy talked a big game for sure. About how they'd combined all they learned from previous games to deliver the best of all but pffft. All we get was corridor 3rd person shooter with too many cinematics. Nothing learned from Max Payne which had the best 3rd person shooting to this date simply because it was as much like first person shooting as 3rd person can get. And that unmatched charm of the noir styled comic strip cutscenes.The peolpe who practically invented bullet time as a gameplay mechanic are now doing TV show games with QTEs. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

This convinced me not to go near it.

I am glad to see it on Windows 7 and steam for no other reason than to actually give the consumer the choice to buy or not buy it without ruining their system with W10.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SirJoker

It was quite interesting game but I didn't really liked the long video episodes. They were too long.

Advertisement