Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr surgeries accepting medical card?

Options
  • 10-08-2016 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend the above? Have just telephoned Keogh's Practice and they are not taking on any new medical card patients.

Thanks 😀

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,943 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

rowe creavin accepts medical cards but im wondering is this none acceptance a new trend!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Tricorntone

thank you wanderer78, i also called into keogh's and was told to come back in september! anybody know of any other doctor's that are taking on medical card patients in the waterford area?

thank you wanderer78, i also called into keogh's and was told to come back in september! anybody know of any other doctor's that are taking on medical card patients in the waterford area?

im deeply concerned about our healthcare system. september! thats ridiculous. i do suspect though that surgeries are getting screwed with medical cards

i'm also curious as to what the situation would be if i went a+e at ardkeen with an out of date eu medical card?

i'm also curious as to what the situation would be if i went a+e at ardkeen with an out of date eu medical card?

they probably would treat you but i suspect you may receive a bill

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Why would you even turn up with an out of date Med' Card?

it's an EHIC card from another country and i'm looking for a doctor to accept me as a medical card patient, i have just been informed by the hse that if i'm struggling to find a doctor, to fill in the med card application form with three doc's that i applied to and one of them will be allocated to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I wonder if its to do with the free card for under 6's that is perhaps causing problems for some practices.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppies2

Thanks all! We were told the same by Keoghs, check back in a couple of months. Really annoying because she needs somewhere close as she doesn't drive and they are the only surgery in the area so was hoping somebody would know somewhere in the centre of town.

poppies2 wrote: »
    Thanks all! We were told the same by Keoghs, check back in a couple of months. Really annoying because she needs somewhere close as she doesn't drive and they are the only surgery in the area so was hoping somebody would know somewhere in the centre of town.

thats kinna worrying

• Advertisement

there is a list online of all the doc surgeries in waterford, sorry i can't find the link, it's on the hse website under general practitioners waterford, i hope this help's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

there is a list online of all the doc surgeries in waterford, sorry i can't find the link, it's on the hse website under general practitioners waterford, i hope this help's.

maps available as well
    http://hse.ie/eng/services/maps/

Advertisement