Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car changing to non-bluetooth. Options?

• 10-08-2016 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

It depends on which Parrot model. Mine can play all phone audio through the car (music, Audible, phone calls, google map directions, anything) via the bluetooth. It also has an aux cable for non-bluetooth devices as well.

Patww79 wrote: »

Yes, that's my one. I got someone to fit mine, but I wonder if they all use more or less the same connections? If so, and you're any way handy, maybe you could buy one of the ones with more features and replace the CK3100 with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,503 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Could you drill the holder to get access to the aux out connection?

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I just got a Kinivo BTC 450 on Amazon for £30 brilliant piece of kit. It connects to both the cigarette lighter and the auxiliary connection. Phone call quality is perfect and playback of music is perfect quality too. I'd definitely recommend it.

That looks really good, but unfortunately the AUX on a Kuga is stupidly under the arm rest in a pocket, so I can either have cables hanging all over the place or I won't be able to use the phone as the microphone on the Kinovo will be concealed in there too.

I'm going to head to Halfords in Carlow tomorrow to have a look at the double din units with bluetooth and also check out that MKi9200 Parrot and work out the best options from there.

The aux on my Octavia is under the arm rest too. I have the unit on the dash at face level, I popped out the trim surrounds on both the gear selector and the radio and ran the cable behind them it's very neat. All in all it took me less than 20 mins to install it. You'd barely notice the unit on the dash, the parrot units are huge I wouldn't care for them at all.

• Advertisement

Double tap will dial the last dialled number, single tap to answer an incoming call. For anything more than that you need to handle the phone. I only have it since Friday and I'm going to use it for playing music mainly, which it does very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-SoundSync-Bluetooth-handsfree-compatible/dp/B0177T3OEU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472332238&sr=8-1&keywords=anker+car+usb+bluetooth

I have this and find it very good.

Edit: seems to do the same thing as the above mentioned kinovo but a third of the price.

I have the mobile number of the guy I used (a fair few years back) saved in my phone under <name> Carkit. He was from a company, and came out to me and fitted it at my place - he supplied and fitted. I could always PM you the number and you could drop a text to see if it's still him/he still does it?

One thing he advised against was putting the remote on the steering wheel, as it's very easy to get knocked off from there and damaged. I ignored his advice, and had to get a new remote later because I'd done exactly what he said would happen :o So put the remote somewhere in very easy reach, but not on the wheel itself.

Advertisement