Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

High mileage Toyota Avensis

Options
  • 10-08-2016 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hi, would a Toyota Avensis with 1 owner and 200k Miles be a lot for a car that's 10 years old, how long would you expect to get from one of these cars ?

The Car in question is a 2006 2.0 Diesel T-Spirit model.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Furtzy2

The first place to check is its service history. A well maintained Avensis is capable of serious mileage

My mechanic told me recently of a 03 Avensis he services, an ex taxi, with 360k miles on it. The key is regular servicing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

That's aluminum block yes....? Don't they give oil pump problems at high miles? EGR that sticks at the drop of a hat?

6 speed? Look to see if the passenger driveshaft was replaced, they love to snap due to a design flaw

See if it has had the money spent on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Furtzy2

They also changed from timing belt to timing chain in 2006 so might be worth checking what version you are looking at

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Hi, would a Toyota Avensis with 1 owner and 200k Miles be a lot for a car that's 10 years old, how long would you expect to get from one of these cars ?

The Car in question is a 2006 2.0 Diesel T-Spirit model.

Thanks.

Have you got its UK reg number?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭venomousfrog

Car has huge service history, and plenty of receipts.... Its a 5 speed manual gearbox.....and English import, anything the car needed it got according to the service history and receipts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,140 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

5 speed is the older pre facelifted 116bhp engine afaik.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

Once the chain/timing belt has been replaced and generally looked after there are a lot more miles in it yet. Avensis are generally bullet proof so I would not be concerned too much by the high milage.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I had a 04 one that I sold on at 250k miles. I'd put 150k on it with no bother. Regular servicing of course.

Advertisement