Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What 7 seat mpv for 20k?

Options
  • 10-08-2016 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

Have a 10 reg Citroen grand Picasso for a good few years and looking for something different and to keep up in years. Hoping to come up 3 years to a 13 reg. Ruled out vw's and ford's as their out of budget. So thinking Opel zafira , Peugeot 5008 or Renault grand scenic ? We'd use the 7 seats on a daily basis. Which one would ye reckon ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Have a 10 reg Citroen grand Picasso for a good few years and looking for something different and to keep up in years. Hoping to come up 3 years to a 13 reg. Ruled out vw's and ford's as their out of budget. So thinking Opel zafira , Peugeot 5008 or Renault grand scenic ? We'd use the 7 seats on a daily basis. Which one would ye reckon ?

If you use the seats that often, what about the Citroen Berlingo Multispace?

5008 is very similar to G. Picasso Mk1. Grand Scenic is not bigger either... Zafira will be a bit bigger.

Why are you dismissing Fords or VAGs purely on price? Maybe get something a bit older thant 2013... Either Seat Alhambra or Ford Galaxy would work well for you, they are proper 7 seaters, not just for occasional use... With 2.0 diesel engines they are reliable cars...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

grogi wrote: »
    If you use the seats that often, what about the Citroen Berlingo Multispace?

5008 is very similar to G. Picasso Mk1. Grand Scenic is not bigger either... Zafira will be a bit bigger.

Why are you dismissing Fords or VAGs purely on price? Maybe get something a bit older thant 2013... Either Seat Alhambra or Ford Galaxy would work well for you, they are proper 7 seaters, not just for occasional use... With 2.0 diesel engines they are reliable cars...

Thanks Grogi, better half won't drive the Berlingo, even though our money would go further with one. Was hoping to get something with low mileage, less then 40kms, so even though I'd gladly have one, fresher fords and seats are above budget and was hoping to keep the number plate as fresh as I could possibly get.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,141 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd question how genuine any 3 year old diesel vehicle with only 40k km done on them, that's ridiculously low for the year so that unrealistic limitation will exclude most of your target models.

bazz26 wrote: »
    I'd question how genuine any 3 year old diesel vehicle with only 40k km done on them, that's ridiculously low for the year so that unrealistic limitation will exclude most of your target models.

Well aware of ones claiming to be low mileage, but if your patient enough genuine ones do come up from time to time. Hoping my gut would let me know when I found one.

It's unusually hard to get a 7-seater with anything else than diesel, especially if you're looking to get more than poor specs.

Mine is not doing much more miles than OP is looking. I am not planning selling it at nearest future, but if I was pressed - it would suit him very much :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,141 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

My point really is that I would not rule out a car just because it has a bit more mileage on it. 40k km is very low mileage and is the exception rather than the rule with a 3 year old diesel car. Lower mileage does not always mean you get a better car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

I'd delete the zafira from your list. Truly an awful car.

It's unusually hard to get a 7-seater with anything else than diesel, especially if you're looking to get more than poor specs.

Mine is not doing much more miles than OP is looking. I am not planning selling it at nearest future, but if I was pressed - it would suit him very much :)

Bought current Citroen at 40km as a three year old. she's at 120km now, and has given good service, so just looking for something similiar sized and running costs (50 mpg) for the next 3-4 yrs.

Bought current Citroen at 40km as a three year old. she's at 120km now, and has given good service, so just looking for something similiar sized and running costs (50 mpg) for the next 3-4 yrs.

You have one... I wouldn't change it at this stage, if you serviced it right it still has a lot of life ahead.

You have one... I wouldn't change it at this stage, if you serviced it right it still has a lot of life ahead.

I'd be afraid of slipping back a bit too far in the years and not having the money to come up to a fresh car next time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭ml100

Not for 7 seater mpv's, these cars are not bought for commuting, I have a two year old smax with 13k km on it and alot of mpv's are only sold in diesel so they are out there

Anyone have a grand scenic ? How do they compare to the 5008 or grand Picasso in relation to space ? I read Renault appears to sorted out reliability issues ?

Advertisement