Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice For Working/Travelling/Playing Music In A "Sunny Resort"

Options
  • 09-08-2016 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi Folks,

Wondering if anybody on here would have any advice for a pair of 20 something year old guys who wish to do a little travelling starting next May(ish)?

Let me elaborate; we plan to set off on our adventure starting in some sunny resort in Europe. Here the plan is to work for the summer. That way we can have a guaranteed change of scenery for at least the summer without having to eat in to any (or much) of the reserve cash we will have for going further afield when the summer is done. We both like a good party but we also have a really good work ethic so long work hours aren't a problem. I've also been told the money can be pretty desperate depending on what part of Europe you get to. Again that doesn't bother us too much as long as the price of living matches up with the wage in any given place, etc.

I'm a gigging drummer at home and plan to take on some gigging work as my source of income while living in one of these places. Bar experience (not high grade cocktail bar stuff though) is also another selling point for us as employees when getting to these places.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated, but specifically I suppose I'm fishing for some advice on destination, pay rates, how to go about looking for work in the first place, and of course, if anybody wants to offer a job somewhere with sea and sand (a little bit further south than Skerries or even Lahinch!), I'm sure I'll take hand and all! :-P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CalamityDan

BUMP

Still looking for advice or even a point in the right direction for advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.
    Moved here on advice from OP although a temp situation, people in here might have valuable advice to offer.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Advertisement