Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Brake lines/hoses advanced corrosion

Options
  • 09-08-2016 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi,

My car failed the NCT on Brake Lines/Hoses Advanced Corrosion, would could that likely be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It means the brake lines need to be replaced.
    A local mechanic can do this for you. They will inspect them and give you a quote depending on what is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sally365

Thanks, i was hoping it was he brake hoses that needed to be replaced.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Lines and hoses in the overall scheme of things aren't that expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

Some brake lines are awkward to replace sometimes in certain cars & that can push up the labour. I've had cars before fail nct before for corroded brake lines where there was only minimal surface rust, the pipe just need a rub with a wire brush. If the pipe has any piting or advanced rust it should be replaced though.

Advertisement