Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NQTs- Droichead

Options
  • 09-08-2016 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi. Are there any NQTs here who are going to be in Droichead next year? Do we register ourselves or wait until the beginning of the school year? The school I will be working in are signing up for Droichead this year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

I don't know about Droichead but the application form for the 'traditional ' Dip is not on the lec website yet. Should be up around the end of August. If you know the union rep in the school and trust their discretion it may be wise to chat to them before you sign anything. They are supposed to report any breach of the directive by members so you should establish what the bigger picture is if you can. I don't know if it's possible to register for the traditional Dip if you are in a Droichead school, although that's what the Eolas document seems to suggest. Can you have a chat with the NQT mentor in the school?
    ETA I think there is a greater NQT population on the edposts forum - mods hope it is ok to say that! !
    Sorry I can't give you a more concrete answer! Personally I would get the Dip with the external inspector etc while the directive is in place. But obviously that is easier said than done in your case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

Hi. I did Droiched last year. Its honestly not that bad. :D
    You don't need to register anything. Your mentor in school will go through everything with you when you start back.
    I didn't even know what it was last year and got through it fine.
    If you've any specific questions about it ask away and I'll try and answer them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Rachel2017

What is it all about . Transferring overseas quals and was told it might be a condition

Advertisement