Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hen Party Dilemma

Options
  • 09-08-2016 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Just wondering can anyone help on were I stand with inviting work colleagues to my hen party we are a small office there is 8 of us including the boss and all get on fairly well have the odd work night out together every so often & one of my colleagues is a good friend so she'll definitely be invited.I really don't want to cause any bad feelings.

Thanks

Lisa

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

What is the issue, that you only want to invite that one person? If the office is so small I'm sure they are all aware that you and this woman are close friends outside of work and that she will be invited and not necessarily them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Lisaanna88

Hi yes they know but do I need to invite the others also will it look bad other wise?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I don't think it will look bad unless they are all very immature or unless you already led them to believe that they were going to be invited and now they are not. People can't go to everything. Drop a few hints that it's close friends and family only. If you all get along they must be nice enough so I'm sure they will understand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Well put it this way, I wouldn't be bothered if one of my colleagues didn't invite me to her hen, and if you're actually friends outside of work with someone and you invite them that's grand.

TBH if a colleague invited me to a hen and I wasn't friends with them outside of work I'd make up some excuse and not go. Nobody wants to see someone you only know as Betty From Accounts sucking on a willy straw!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Are they invited to the wedding?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Hermia

I'm only inviting those who are invited to the full wedding to my hen, I think they may assume if they're going on the hen, they're invited to the full shebang?
    Could you invite them out for a few drinks one night after work for a "work-hen"??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Are they invited to the wedding? If not (or if only invited to the afters) then don't invite them to the hen. Simples!

GingerLily wrote: »

Well that's another story lol I haven't decided what I'm doing with that yet maybe an evening invite as it's on Thursday I don't know if they even go to the evening with work next day and venue is an hrs drive away !!!

Hermia wrote: »
    I'm only inviting those who are invited to the full wedding to my hen, I think they may assume if they're going on the hen, they're invited to the full shebang?
    Could you invite them out for a few drinks one night after work for a "work-hen"??

That's such a good idea never thought of that thank you 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Lisaanna88 wrote: »
    GingerLily wrote: »

Well that's another story lol I haven't decided what I'm doing with that yet maybe an evening invite as it's on Thursday I don't know if they even go to the evening with work next day and venue is an hrs drive away !!!

Please don't invite them to your hen unless you give them a full invite, I've experienced it before and it's a really awkward feeling. An afters invite is fine just don't also invite them on the hen

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Lisaanna88 wrote: »

Well you're going to have to figure out who is invited to the wedding then in order or to decide who's going to the hen!

As some else said, you should only invite them to the hen if they're invited to the full wedding. If you're not that close to them, there's probably no need to invite them to the full wedding (maybe just the afters) and therefore no need to invite them to the hen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Yeah if people arent close enough to be invited to the full wedding, why would they want to go to a hen?

I'd actually be more annoyed to go to a hen and then discover I didnt merit a wedding invite! I'd much rather be invited to neither.

I know people getting married sometimes get carried away and think that everyone wants to celebrate wtih them, but chances are its not important to them at all.

Advertisement