Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virtual Engineering Company

Options
  • 09-08-2016 10:32am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have been toying with this idea for a while.

The idea is to set up a company but with view of providing full engineering consultant services but with out the overheads i.e. no office, BYOD, using opensource software, etc etc.

This wouldnt be a full time job (at the start anyways) and would look to build on the nixer economy that is there already but build on it and legitimize it.

Do you think there would be interest in the board community to try and build something like this and give it a go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

I think it depends on the structure of the consultancy. There are plenty of ad-hoc groups created by independent consultants through their contacts. These are just created through word-of-mouth, no real online or business presence. Just doing a virtualised version doesn't feel much different.

A truly collaborative virtual consultancy, with community as well as commercial work, would be great though. Easily connect the work with the engineers interested/capable of doing it, better public exposure etc.

Advertisement