Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCUSED OF CHEATING IN LEAVING CERT RESULTS IN 10 DAYS PLEASE HELP

Options
  • 09-08-2016 3:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I am very stressed as its 10 days until i recieve my LC results and I have just recieved a letter from my school saying that the SEC suspect 'possible collusion' between me and two others for our LCVP portfolios. I have emailed the SEC on this matter informing them that I am not even in the others LCVP class and that it has to be a coincidence because I don't even know where the others did their work experience never mind what they have wrote in their portfolio? I haven't cheated once in my entire life as I don't believe in it, they told me they will contact my school once they have made a decision but what will I do if they don't believe me? How can I take it further? I requested a meeting with them to defend my innocence because I was going to do my theory test soon and get a car but I can't do that if they decide that I have cheated? I am really stressed about this it is not fair that I am being accused of this when I have not done one thing wrong PLEASE HELP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,886 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I've never heard of such action, is this somebody just pulling your chain? If not just relax, it's up to them to prove it

• Registered Users Posts: 2 meg12345

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    I've never heard of such action, is this somebody just pulling your chain? If not just relax, it's up to them to prove it

Nope its the real deal got a call from my principal to come around and collect the letter from the SEC, I know myself I did not cheat but I am stressed incase they don't believe me because the consequences are serious

• Registered Users Posts: 39 STP50

Meg

I have heard of something similar - this comes under code of conduct rules. I understand that you are entitled to an appeal process with the SEC.
    You should be allowed to make a statement in defence of your work and put forward whatever supporting evidence you have, including evidence of work or character references and track record. The school may also be asked to give a statement.

Check the letter you have received and contact the SEC to establish the process for you to address the accusation.
    It seems very late to raise this now - but the SEC will have to give you right of appeal.
    Discuss with the school principal where they stand in the matter - in particular with regard to you, (remember they have 3 students involved).
    I think you should have a parent / adult with you in a meeting with the school as soon as possible to determine what has happened and how they propose to address the matter with the SEC.
    Is it possible that the other students had access to your work without your knowledge ?
    Did a teacher direct you all the the same data source ?

I think a meeting with yourself and parents and the school principal is first port of call.
    Determine the process and then build your case. Try to establish of the matter is confined to this single subject.

Good luck

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The State exams are a matter for the SEC, not your school. That said, if your school can back you up by allowing you to show when your portfolio was created on the school computers (presumably before the other candidates' ones) then that would be allowed, but it is an SEC matter, nothing to do with the school code of conduct.

Advertisement