Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomas Davis Street West

Options
  • 08-08-2016 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me there views on what this area is like to live in? Thinking of renting a house here.

I know there were previous threads on Inchicore but they are a few years old so looking for updated views.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

I would really discourage you from renting here, it's been very messy over the last year or two, few families there causing a lot of trouble. Friends moved out of the area because of them. Look elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭CalRobert

I would really discourage you from renting here, it's been very messy over the last year or two, few families there causing a lot of trouble. Friends moved out of the area because of them. Look elsewhere

Wonder if that's still the case? Was going to look at a house for sale there but this gives me pause.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

CalRobert wrote: »
    Wonder if that's still the case? Was going to look at a house for sale there but this gives me pause.

Not sure on it currently, maybe a call to kilmainham Garda Station would help, a lot of friendly and helpful guards there. Otherwise take a spin down at a few different times, Friday/Saturday night etc and see how you find it.

Thanks for the reply to an ancient thread!

Honestly I think I'm going to pass - I already live on a street with constant smash and grabs and don't really want more of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Knackertastic and not great value tbh. Shows very little sign of gentrifying. There are plans in the works for the area though but who knows.

• Advertisement

Knackertastic and not great value tbh. Shows very little sign of gentrifying. There are plans in the works for the area though but who knows.

That seems to describe all of Dublin under 350 grand...

That seems to describe all of Dublin under 350 grand...

Not really. You'd squeak under 350K in the right part of Dublin 5 in areas that are improving. Dublin 15 I'm less familiar with (because I consider it Co. Meath :pac: ) is also an option for an improving area.

Hmm.. I visited a friend in Dublin 15 and it felt like I was traveling halfway to Iceland. Maybe because I don't have a car (could get one, but would rather not).

Hmm.. I visited a friend in Dublin 15 and it felt like I was traveling halfway to Iceland. Maybe because I don't have a car (could get one, but would rather not).

Yeah I feel the same, also doesn't have any character IMO. Dublin 5 near the DART is as handy for us as living on the Quays was. Decent community feel also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Reviving this thread as I'm looking at a house here. I'm familiar with parts of Inchicore that I like, but am unfamiliar with this area. Having found this thread and the above comments, I'm unsure about this area. However, that was a few years ago, and things may have changed.

Can anyone comment on what the area is like nowadays?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Inchicore is a strange place. It feels like it's up and coming. A few years ago it was all bookies and takeaways but now there are a number of lovely cafes, coffee houses and restaurants after opening up. There also seems to be a lot more of a nicer vibe with more younger people moving into the area. House prices are also reflective of that unfortunately. However there is also still a not so nice element in the area. You do see a number of "Council Estate types" that are usually up to no good. It's usually the kids from the flats up around the area where you are looking. They really don't give a damn and have no fear of the gardai...I always feel sorry for the local shops in the area having to deal with those vermin. I suppose it's an issue with any inner city area in Dublin. It's just something you have to way up for yourself but overall I think it's a great area to live. CLose to town but also some great parks close by and the public transport is very good...

Advertisement