Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Handy Hint, Motorcheck Website

Options
  • 08-08-2016 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Just a small thing I discovered this morning. The 3 check bundle offer on Motorcheck.ie costs €65 whereas it's only £30 on Motorcheck.co.uk. At current sterling exchange rates, that's about a €30 saving using the UK site...or half a tank of diesel in my current car :)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Or get the motor dealer to do it for you and email it on to you for free, it's just a prelim check so going to be superceded by pre-inspection check anyhow, that's what I did anyhow, sales guy had no problem with doing it for me

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

slave1 wrote: »
    Or get the motor dealer to do it for you and email it on to you for free, it's just a prelim check so going to be superceded by pre-inspection check anyhow, that's what I did anyhow, sales guy had no problem with doing it for me

Sorry, total n00b question here but pre-inspection check, is that just getting an independent mechanic to give it a once over or some other mine field i am about to wander in to?

eldamo wrote: »
    Sorry, total n00b question here but pre-inspection check, is that just getting an independent mechanic to give it a once over or some other mine field i am about to wander in to?

Yeah, I got RAC to do a check, just got a call from garage and then the RAC guy, he spent just over an hour on the car and then 10mile road test, flying colours so I've firmed up my deal. Interestingly he performed an electronic full body paintwork depth check to test for respray or repaid work and it was 100%, just a few minor cosmetic scratches was all he could point out, glad all good and I'll have the detailed report emailed later and have for future resale when it comes to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

slave1 wrote: »
    Yeah, I got RAC to do a check, just got a call from garage and then the RAC guy, he spent just over an hour on the car and then 10mile road test, flying colours so I've firmed up my deal. Interestingly he performed an electronic full body paintwork depth check to test for respray or repaid work and it was 100%, just a few minor cosmetic scratches was all he could point out, glad all good and I'll have the detailed report emailed later and have for future resale when it comes to it.

RAC in the UK or ireland, i saw the AA do one for 200-220, would only want to be doing that the once.

eldamo wrote: »
    RAC in the UK or ireland, i saw the AA do one for 200-220, would only want to be doing that the once.

It was Northern Ireland, £199

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 tp89

have a €5 discount on a full check for motor check if anyone needs PM me. I went onto motor check.co.uk and got the full check for £15 or about €18. Its €35 on the Irish site. Some rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

But can you do an IRL reg on the UK website?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 tp89

NIMAN wrote: »
    But can you do an IRL reg on the UK website?

No sorry its for uk checks only I think. I have a €5 code for the Irish site if you want?

Advertisement