Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can I connect two more speakers to this hifi?

Options
  • 08-08-2016 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

It's an old hifi from the 80's....the two speakers that came with it work....but I have two panasonic speakers from a newer hifi that I would like to add.

Each of the panasonic speakers have the red and white wire....even if i plug one of the speakers into the rear speaker ports (see picture), there is no sound. i would have thought there would be some sound even if it needs an amp....but there is nothing. there only seems to be be two connectors available and the speakers each have two wires.

Anyone have any ideas?

IMAG0319_1.jpgimage upload no size limit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭legrand

wire colour only there to help you identify L and R channel (cables are just plain copper).
    Given your amp/stereo has stereo connections + Surround option I can only assume there is a menu option to enable the 2nd pair?
    If you connect existing speakers to the Surround pair do they work?

Try googling for a manual on the make/model of your unit.

As an alternative you could invest in a new Amp or AV receiver if you wanted to expand your AV capability.

Advertisement