Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for something fun (but not crazy)

Options
  • 07-08-2016 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My fiance has just passed her theory test and we are looking for a motor.
    I'll be drving it predominantly and she will learn/take lessons in it and I'll be a passenger around a few car parks/quiet areas while she gets some confidence etc.

I'm looking for something thats a bit of fun to drive but nothing too extreme.
    Luckily we are not too young and I have a 5yr NCB (expiring soon, part of the reason we're buying now) so insurance is affordable enough.

Budget is €4k at the absolute most (excluding tax/insurance etc)

So far my list looks like this:
    • Mini Cooper (I'd love an S but not sure if it makes sense for a first time driver)
    • Fiat Panda
    • Suzuki Swift (Sport?)
    • Audi A3/Golf (Her choice, shes not from Europe so these are premium brands over there not sure how they rate on the fun-o-meter)
    • MX5? (Not sure on RWD as a first car either)
    • Mazda3?

We could go for the standard Yaris/Micra route but I'd rather get something that I'd enjoy driving.

Any ideas?

Advertisement