Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2016 - Surf trip - Ideas/suggestions?

• 07-08-2016 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here gone on a surf trip over the Xmas hols?

I am thinking of heading away for a week this year, I will be going alone.
    Ideally I would like to stay in a surf lodge or similar where I can meet and hang other other people so def not a hotel.

Would like to stay in Europe or close so Canaries/Morrocco are an option.

So has anyone any suggestions on good places to go or could suggest a company that arranges surf trips apart from Surfholidays as already looking at their site, just want more options.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

I always say the best time to book is last minute and make a call on the incoming swells from the wam charts but if your a beginner it doesn't really matter

That said, this could be a tricky surf trip year with all things geo-political going on and the canaries may get crazy busy/expensive as they are very reliable and safe

If you are a decent surfer and have the cash, something like this would be an option

http://www.morocsurf.com/explorer-4x4-surf-package.html

Anyway happy hunting

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Surf Maroc, best option for hassle free holiday. Will pick you up at airport and put you in best spots over the course of the week.

If you want a bit more freedom in a sense, Portugal is a good spot, not as warm obviously.

Advertisement