Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dearer this year but in?

Options
  • 07-08-2016 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭

Do I do a poll?
    What I'd like is for players to update this after GW1.
    Sure it might be worth talking about too.

Comments

I can't think of one. I have avoided all the players gone up in price and I'm looking at finding this years versions.

So no Mahrez, Vardy, Alli, Deeney, Leicester defence et al.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Very much considering Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I don't understand the question

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

8-10 wrote: »
    I don't understand the question

Which players priced higher this year than last year are you considering?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Tadic.

I can't recall how much Townsend was last year but him too if applicable.

Ayew would have been in for the first few weeks but it looks like he's inevitably going to become a West Ham player.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Tadic.

I can't recall how much Townsend was last year but him too if applicable.

Ayew would have been in for the first few weeks but it looks like he's inevitably going to become a West Ham player.

Townsend was 6.0 last season, 6.5 this season.

I probably don't have them all but around this time last year I took out all players and prices into a spreadsheet and have the same this year. Any late signings I'm missing but as far as I can tell the biggest movers have been:

Untitled_zpsldqnxd0l.jpg

These were the increases of greater than 0.5m

Then the drops of over 0.5:

Untitled_zpswnwn1q7p.jpg
    V3I2p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

At the risk of stating the obvious - Vardy and Mahrez.

I don't understand the lack of love on here. The 2 top scorers last year. Playing for the reigning champions who, from an attacking point of view, are stronger this year.

Mahrez is player of year yet he's only 9.5. The previous year Hazard had similar stats, player of the year and playing for the reigning champion, yet started at 11.5. He's still more expensive at 10.

There's an implication that Leicester were simply lucky last year. They weren't. They were by far and away the best team. Vardy and Mahrez did not have streaky seasons, they scored heavily the whole way through.

In the first game they're playing Hull who seem to be looking for the title of worst premiership team of all time. Many are looking to wildcard early so again I would have expected that to be a positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

And so it was written;

'I am the Lord, thy Riyad,
    You shall not have other gods before me' (Mahrez: 1: 1)

I'm choosing not to upset the main man for the first few weeks, then I can swap him out for Payet, Martial, Fabregas, Silva, Hazard in a few weeks according to fixtures/form if it doesn't work out.

9.5 is overpriced I think, but as said reigning player of the year for reigning champions-crazy that I'm considering owning him a gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Vardy was the only dearer player for me.
    I didn't pick any of the cheaper players on 8-10s list.
    Lamela and Puncheon were perhaps cheaper.

ElTel wrote: »
    Vardy was the only dearer player for me.
    I didn't pick any of the cheaper players on 8-10s list.
    Lamela and Puncheon were perhaps cheaper.

Lamela is same price as last season, Puncheon 0.5 cheaper now

• Advertisement
Advertisement