Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sandblasting reg number onto glass

Options
  • 06-08-2016 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭

what does everyone think of this.
    a guy came round today offering to sandblast the reg onto the windows.

do you think it helps prevent theft of the vehicle

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭kirving

I saw it offered as a factory feature on some model. I suppose it makes stealing the car and swapping the reg prohibitively expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,874 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

what does everyone think of this.
    a guy came round today offering to sandblast the reg onto the windows.

do you think it helps prevent theft of the vehicle

If someone wants your car they'll take it, etching the reg onto the windows won't make the slightest difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Del2005 wrote: »
    If someone wants your car they'll take it, etching the reg onto the windows won't make the slightest difference.

Exactly. Keep your money in your pocket OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,186 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Was fairly popular in the 80s. In Brazil at the mo and it seems almost mandatory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Looks awful, why bother. Not gonna stop anyone robbing it. The glass isn't the most valuable part anyway if they're breaking the car up. Only kinda protects against ringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭JoeA3

One of those things that was popular in the '80's, I'm surprised it's actually even offered as a service now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

My 95 Primera had it on the windows when I got it - only car I've seen it on since.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I remember a lot of UK Cavaliers in Irish plates having it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Some 'Toyota GB' etching on both the MR2s side window (in different location to the Toyota tempered glass print) with a random number but not the UK reg number it was registered with

• Advertisement
Advertisement