Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed Cork Road (Woodies DIY)

Options
  • 06-08-2016 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,678 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know the speed limit, was coming in just off the roundabout and was 60 kp/h. I am pretty sure it's 50 km/h but there appears to be a major lack of signage.

BTW didn't realize it was an accident black sport given the point of the vans...:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Its a built up area so i assume it 50kmph, by built up i mean there are houses and shops close to the road

• Registered Users Posts: 28,943 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Anyone know the speed limit, was coming in just off the roundabout and was 60 kp/h. I am pretty sure it's 50 km/h but there appears to be a major lack of signage.

BTW didn't realize it was an accident black sport given the point of the vans...:rolleyes:

50 kmh like every built up area and considering the number of business and domestic entrances and pedestrians, its an area that drivers have to be very aware in. I even find 50 is difficult to achieve there safely with the number of cars exiting McDonalds/woodies/rockin joes and pedestrians crossing the road

• Registered Users Posts: 10,678 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

VincePP wrote: »
    50 kmh like every built up area and considering the number of business and domestic entrances and pedestrians, its an area that drivers have to be very aware in. I even find 50 is difficult to achieve there safely with the number of cars exiting McDonalds/woodies/rockin joes and pedestrians crossing the road

Thanks all, was just coming off the roundabout and car speeds up really quick. Wasn't quiet 60 but closw.

Dont supose anyone know how close u must be to get caught by the van.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Thanks all, was just coming off the roundabout and car speeds up really quick. Wasn't quiet 60 but closw.

Dont supose anyone know how close u must be to get caught by the van.

I thunk the way it works os that the van takes images of all cars over the speed limit and then the file is sent to Thurles for prosessing and deciding what gets sent out.

From experience :( once you hit 60, you definitely get the ticket, but 55ish and you don't. Not sure about 56-59.

Some people tell you that the speedo is set a few km below actual speed - that was the case many many years ago. These days car speedometers are fairly correct.

I purposely was doing precisely 60 when caught when visiting family in Kerry - I thought the limit was 60 in the village I was driving through, even saw the van and checked I was exactly 60 - it was the village/townland beforehand that was 60! So 3 points & €80.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,943 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

i go by the simple rule of thump, if your unsure of area limit, just stick to 50, particularly in built up areas. thought i got caught one day though heading into kilmeaden.

Advertisement