Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car hard started

Options
  • 06-08-2016 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I own a 2003 VW Bora 1.4 petrol and the past 3 weeks its been hard started in the mornings. It turns away and you have to turn it off then turn again and it starts again, I replaced the fuel filter bud made no difference. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

When were the spark plugs last changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

How old is battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I've the very same problem with my own and it takes up about 5 seconds to start. It used to take a bit longer but I have since regapped the plugs some of them looked a bit fouled. So this week I will be replacing them and new leads will be going in.

Advertisement