Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debs date might be cancelling on me!!

Options
  • 06-08-2016 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I asked this guy back the middle of July to my debs, that was all fine, we get on well, etc. But yesterday he tells that if he gets engineering in UCC, the orientation is on the same day as the debs!!
    He said he doesn't mind if don't want to bring him anymore, but I really want to bring him, and also I have no one, literally 0 options of other guys to bring!
    I obviously can't ask him not to go to orientation, cos that is v important, but like I don't see how I can replace him.
    Should I just tell him to like throw his suit in the car and get ready at mine, or forget it?? I live like 20 mins from UCC anyway..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭TheFitz13

What time is the orientation and what time would he have to be at your house at? If he can make it to yours even 30 mins before you have to leave that would be fine, it will only takes 10 minutes for him to throw on a suit, fix his hair and spray some smelly stuff. Suggest it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 KaTEA

TheFitz13 wrote: »
    What time is the orientation and what time would he have to be at your house at? If he can make it to yours even 30 mins before you have to leave that would be fine, it will only takes 10 minutes for him to throw on a suit, fix his hair and spray some smelly stuff. Suggest it :)

From what I've heard, orientation is usually 9-4... We HAVE to be at the hotel for 6:30, but I would prefer if he was at mine for 5:30..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

KaTEA wrote: »
    Should I just tell him to like throw his suit in the car and get ready at mine, or forget it?? I live like 20 mins from UCC anyway..

If you live 20 mins from UCC, I dont see what the problem is. If his orientation is more than a day in length he might want to leave the Debs early to get home for bed but its a logistical hiccup not a full blown disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Tell him you don't mind if he's late.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Oh, to be at an age again when this stuff was a big deal...

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

endacl wrote: »
    Oh, to be at an age again when this stuff was a big deal...

:(

I know, right? These days when engineers don't show up to something I asked them to, it's a corporate IT training class. ;)

OP, no reason to think he's trying to get out of going with you altogether. Just tell him you understand and to make it as soon as he can.

Advertisement