Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scratched car off wall!.. Where to repair around Tallaght?

Options
  • 06-08-2016 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭

See attached images.. it's Hyundai i40

Is this an easy repair ?

Any idea on cost and where could do it around Tallaght

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

See attached images.. it's Hyundai i40

Is this an easy repair ?

Any idea on cost and where could do it around Tallaght

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

looks minor, I'd have a go with a bit of t cut firstly . It may be that you can reduce the scratch down to the point where it isn't too noticeable.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Looks too deep for t cut. It'll need paint. At a guess I reckon €350

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Nail varnish remover will get rid of the black

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You were so lucky you didn't get the wing.
    For that I'd just do a SMART repair. Don't know if auto smart systems are still going, if they are - give them a shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You're technically right, but he kinda needs the bumper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

I used to use Paul in Auto Dent in Dundrum, but he's emigrated. Luckily, until last week I haven't needed anything done. Got a scratch last Tuesday though so had a look around. Found http://www.dentpro.ie/ in Sandyford, they did a great job for me on a similar scratch on Friday. No relation or connection to me, just happy with their work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Got a quote of €180. Is that good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Fairly good. If you ring any Hyundai garage they'll tell you who does their bodywork as it's off site. The one in D15 sent me off to theirs.

Advertisement