Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity accepting toys ??

Options
  • 06-08-2016 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Afternoon all

hope this thread OK for my question - nearest I could find to a charity forum. I have a barely-used go-cart that my grandson never took to. He's now outgrown it. Bought in Smyths and in perfect condition...and I'd like to donate it to some organisation that might add it to their collection of kids toys. I've used FreeTrade to get rid of things before...but would prefer this to go to some kind of kids resource centre or playground.

Anyone got any ideas ?. Dublin would be most convenient but I'd travel to deliver to a worthy cause.

Many thanks,
    K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Raven_k42 wrote: »
    Afternoon all

hope this thread OK for my question - nearest I could find to a charity forum. I have a barely-used go-cart that my grandson never took to. He's now outgrown it. Bought in Smyths and in perfect condition...and I'd like to donate it to some organisation that might add it to their collection of kids toys. I've used FreeTrade to get rid of things before...but would prefer this to go to some kind of kids resource centre or playground.

Anyone got any ideas ?. Dublin would be most convenient but I'd travel to deliver to a worthy cause.

Many thanks,
    K

Unfortunately most charities cannot accept used toys for health and safety reasons. I have never heard of any that do accept them. However there may be one, or there may be as you mentioned a community centre type playschool or creche who might be happy to have it. I really hope somebody suggests a place, but if it comes down to it you could sell it and donate the proceeds. Good luck!

Advertisement