Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manor Village

Options
  • 06-08-2016 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Starting first year next month at WIT, I've a good few questions about Manor Village accommodation if anyone can help.

How did you find Manor Village?
    What was the WiFi like?
    Is it easy to bring people over?
    Are the security strict?
    How much is the shuttle bus to Cork Street Campus from Manor Village?
    Is it mostly first years?
    Is it the best place for first years to stay?
    How much was the electricity usually?
    Is there any advice anyone would give for someone living there like stuff to bring etc.

Thanks very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Never lived there so can only answer certain questions but spent a bit of time there over my first two years of college, especially.

I used to always visit my friends, some nights more hassle getting in than others, generally on a Wednesday night its going to be harder. Used to tell security we all lived in the same room and only brought out one card between us so we didn't lose any.

Pretty sure the shuttle bus is free but if you miss it, theres a bus stop just down the road at Morris' DIY, €2.10, 601 Bus, it'll have Ballybeg/WIT on it.

Majority first years so its fairly easy to start making new friends as most are in the same boat, lots of parties if its your thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

J98 wrote: »
    Starting first year next month at WIT, I've a good few questions about Manor Village accommodation if anyone can help.

What was the WiFi like?
    Are the security strict?
    Is there any advice anyone would give for someone living there like stuff to bring etc.

Thanks very much.

I did not live there myself but have know loads of friends and people who have lived there they all have seem to have loved it and very good for making friends as there is none stop partys. It would be i say 98% 1st years in the building.

What was the WiFi like?

Quite bad as i know from people in Manor 2 its all wired so you will need to hope a home plug set up might work. Otherwise wired laptop.

YEs and no to this. Depends on how drunk they are and how well you get on with the people on the doors. In my 4 years in college in waterford i never got refused going back to a afterparty there by someone on the door.

Are the security strict?

Yes they are and i think its a good thing. I lived in Railway Square for 3 out of my 4 years in waterford fantastic apartments but not one for mixing in unless you know people there. As its all older students.

ITs Free.

Yes i say about 98%

I would say so. I lived in railway square for my 1st year and its not a place for 1st years at all.

I would not know.

Basically bedding, Cleaning stuff, food, And what ever else you wont to put into your bedroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭J98

Is the shuttle bus to and from the college yeah?

J98 wrote: »
    Is the shuttle bus to and from the college yeah?

Yap your in luck it is to and from the main campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

its about a 30 min walk to the main campus from manor village.
    if ure in the college st campus its only like 10 mins walk.

• Advertisement

its about a 30 min walk to the main campus from manor village.
    if ure in the college st campus its only like 10 mins walk.

Where you going with your 30 min walk?. I say like 15 at must.

I used to live in railway square and it used to take me 22 or so mins to walk to the main campus every morning.

It's less then a stones trow to college St campus

Advertisement